Sunday, September 30, 2012

Euro Metal Fest Tour 2011, Prague Day 1

After checking out of the A&O Hostel, I bid my farewell to Germany as I was not going to see it for another 1 and a half week and began my journey to the Hauptbahhof. The beauty of the hostel I stayed at is it's very close proximity to the train station. When my train arrived, I felt a major chapter of this trip ending and another one beginning. As I rode the train from Hamburg to Prague, I couldn't help but notice a sense of overwhelming anticipation of going to a country I have never been to, and it was overwhelming me with anticipation every passing hour. One thing is for certain, it definitely made for a very scenic trip.
When I arrived in Prague, I couldn't believe a place like this existed. The way the buildings are set up just seemed to have an identity of their own, and yet, they have a way of working together to make this city the architecture draw for many.
One of the many items of information I read about visiting the Czech Republic is a soda that was exclusive to the country called Kofola, and the taste was different and nothing I drank before, but it was good.
The one major aspect of this tour I embarked on was to make it as Metal as possible, and the best way was to discover and experience the Metal Night Clubs, and Hells Bells was a definite score. The atmosphere was awesome, the music was kick ass, and the people were just as Metal as you could ask for. The alcohol was top notch, and one pleasant surprise I discovered was Czech Rum, specifically, Bozkhov Tuzemsky. To say this is my new favorite beverage would be the understatement of the trip, as this rum was kicking ass. The fact I had to leave this place was something I did not want to do, but alas the tour needed to keep moving forward.
Prague at night is like an artwork coming to life, and the vibe was very dark, but not the kind that was unwelcoming, and as the signs will remind you, they welcome you as you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment