Sunday, September 30, 2012

Euro Metal Fest Tour 2011, Hamburg

On Sunday morning after the last day of Wacken 2011, myself and my camp mates woke up around 4:00AM (with about 3 to 4 hours of sleep!) to a mess of a rain to break down our camp site and beat the traffic (I have seen it first hand on my first trip to Wacken in 2009) and say our final good byes. I had the distinguished pleasure of camping with excellent human beings who made this trip better than what it could have been, and for that I thank them.

One of my final memories of Wacken was my best friends brother drove me straight to my hostel. When we finally arrived, that was the end of one of the greatest parts of my trip and it was the perfect way to start the final day of the German leg of this trip. Many \m/ HEAVY DANKE \m/ Günter !6!6!6!

The first thing I did when I checked in to my hostel room was to get cleaned up. That was a basic necessity that needed to be addressed immediately.
One dumb thing I did was leave my body wash/razor blade/shaving cream/aspirin bag in my friends car without realizing it. Thankfully, the hostel had a shave kit and the bathroom had body wash to get myself cleaned up. Once I took my multiple showers and shaved, I slept for a solid 5 hours. After waking up, I went to the Hauptbahnhof to try some German style Burger King. Typically I don't like to eat food I find easily back home, but curiosity got the better of me. After eating, I decided to hang out by the lobby area of the hostel and met a Australian couple who were with some relatives and friends and were awesome people to be with, and coincidentally, they were going to the Brutal Assault Festival like myself.
The view from my room was as always "scenic", with memories of my first trip raging through my brain like a 18 wheeler loosing it's brakes.
The Reeperbahn of Hamburg has a reputation within it's city and beyond, and it is staked on it's numerous sex shops and prostitutes. On 3 different occasions, while trying to go the Night Light Metal Nightclub, I had 3 hookers asked if I wanted to go up to their room, with the last one going as far as to grab my arm and pull me towards her place of "business".
The Night Light Metal Nightclub is very small, but big in atmosphere, with the Wacken legions celebrating another successful festival year. The fans were pretty cool, and I shared the evening with 2 really awesome fans from Spain.
With this post ends the German leg of my European Metal Fetsival Tour. Next leg, Czech Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment