Sunday, September 30, 2012

Euro Metal Fest Tour 2011, Final Words and Thank You

We have now come to the end of this tale of epic magnitude as this post ends my journey. This was the biggest trip I have taken on by myself as going through 3 countries in 2 1/2 weeks was not an easy task. I started planning for this trip back in August 8, 2010, literally the day after Wacken 2010 by buying my ticket for the 2011 edition of Wacken as I did not want to repeat the mistake I did with my first Wacken back in 2009. In retrospect, this was the trip of a lifetime that I will never forget, and as quickly as it started was as quickly as it ended, which is why I say make the most out of a trip like this. As for future trips, lets just say the 25th anniversary (2014) of the festival is on my cross-hairs (as well as other Metal fests), so as promised before, for those of you looking for a traveling companion to help out on the field, shoot me an email ( i6z6a6n@hotmail.com ), an AOL Instant Message ( Screen Name: talshiaragent930 ), or look me up on Facebook.

I also want to take this time to say thank you to the following people who made my trip memorable and even more enjoyable than it could have been. Advance apologies for forgetting anyone and anybodies name on this list as it was a huge trek and I had the excellent opportunity of meeting so many awesome people along the way.

The hot German chick, the hot Polish chick (who I spoke broken Spanish to), the elderly Russian lady (with the crazy guy laughing at him in Chicago), The Norwegian couple (good political discussion), the Canadian dude (another one who brought a good political discussion), the Costa Rican/Panamanian dude (sorry, forgot your nationality, but your still awesome one way or the other), the Australian guy who observed the whole debacle of the political debate, at the Westend Hostel in Vienna.

The bar tenders, Charly (you made one hell of a date, many thanks for the company) and her friends from the Escape Metal bar.

The train conductor from my Church of Bones leg of the tour that helped me get back on the right train.

The female front desk agent at Hostel Orange in Prague for helping me a great deal during my stay.

The bar tenders, the dude who requested an impromptu English lesson, The Russian tattoo artist, Martin, Alva and Jana at Hells Bells Pub in Prague.

Danilo, Srjdan, Robert (the 3 wise men of Brutal Assault), Brittany & Jackson, the couple from California, the Slovakian guy, the Polish guy with the all over skull boonie hat (sweet Amon Amarth allover shirt) at Brutal Assault, thank you for your company \m/

The bar tenders at Night Light Heavy Metal Pub, the English guy with the Jackson Guitars shirt (awesome way to represent the greatest electric guitar company in the world), Marina and the other Spanish fans who provided excellent conversation, and the 3 prostitutes who tried to solicit me on my way to the bar, sorry I couldn't "go upstairs" with you, better luck next time?

The Australian couple and their relative/friends whom I met at A&O Hostel in Hamburg and later on met at the Prague train station and sharing a train to go to Jaroměř for Brutal Assault.

Stefans Hardcore friend who paid a visit during my stay at Hotel Czerlikowski \m/.

Andrea Lippold for making certain I was able to get inside Wacken with the whole mising ticket debacle.

Günter Czerlikowski (thanks for the ride, kick ass chauffeur with a killer set list for the trip, but most important, for being who you are \m/) and Silent Y (Alles Gute zum Geburtstag \m/).

Stefan, Astrid and Ida Sophia, thank you for welcoming into your lives again and for allowing the opportunity to know you, all of you are a blessing to me.

See you in Wacken 2014 \m/

…The End

No comments:

Post a Comment