Sunday, September 30, 2012

Euro Metal Fest Tour 2011, Brutal Assault Day 1

On my last day in Prague, I left my hostel and said good bye to the front desk agent who helped me a great deal during my stay and she was awesome.
Walking through this city to the train station really gave me a sense of what I was leaving behind.
At the train station, it had the usual Metal fan sightings and the train that took us directly to Jaroměř (the town Brutal Assault Festival is located.) was invaded by Metal Legions, and I even shared my train seat with the fans from Australia I met at the A&O Hostel in Hamburg, Germany. When we arrived to Jaroměř, it was like a horde of Balrogs invading a town to plunder and pillage, except replace plunder with headbanging and pillage with buying lot's of good Czech beer.
The march to the festival grounds was an epic affair, and took a good solid 20 minutes before some of us reached the outer skirts of the festival grounds.
The town locals needed to know about the festival taking place, and who's playing.
The one advantage Brutal Assault has over many other festivals? It takes place in a 18th century fortress, and to say this is one of the most METAL SETTINGS is a great understatement.
No fortress would be complete without a moat, and this one was no exception.
When I saw this sign, the sigh of relief overtook me greatly, that is, until I realized I needed to march some more with fellow marchers, but at least this part of the walk was very scenic.
This line was for the folks who had VIP Camp reservations, and thanks to being in this line, I met 3 really kick ass guys from Serbia and a couple from Canada who are as awesome of people as you can get and they made my trip even more memorable.
As the evening was approaching, I decided to head off to the local supermarket to pick up a jug of water for the hygiene and the occasional drinking necessities, aside from the alcohol of course, and some other items to survive a Metal festival of epic proportions.
I will say this, this place at night was beyond METAL!6!6!6! With everybody screaming and enjoying themselves in the mountain with the view from the VIP Camp site in pitch black, it was a humorous spectacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment