Sunday, September 30, 2012

Euro Metal Fest Tour 2011, Brutal Assault Day 2

My 2nd day in Brutal Assault was a very strange feeling as my expectations were a huge question mark (\m/ ? \m/) of Metal proportions. On the one hand, I was at a Metal festival, on the other, I was never in this festival/city before. As I soon found out, this was a HEAVY place to be. The fact that there was so much forestry in this fortress gave it a grimm and kvlt atmosphere, which is perfect for a Metal festival. The march to the main festival grounds begins!6!6!6!
Once I arrived to the top of the hill, I saw the campgrounds of the people who were screaming and yelling last night, and it definitely made for a interesting view for those folks to be up there just as it was for the folks down the hill.
As I began to descend from the top of the hill, I saw the gatekeeper await me with my pass to hell, with the dungeon gates not too far away.
I would like to introduce you to some of the wisest men in Metal, the 3 Wise Legions of Brutal Assault, \m/ Robert \m/, \m/ Srdjan \m/, and \m/ Danilo \m/. They were amazing Metal Fest comrades amongst the ranks of Brutal Assault and you couldn't ask for better people in the world.
The best part of Metal fests around the globe is the alcohol companies have "unique" methods of selling their products to the worthy. This is what you call shaking the goods in exchange for other goods.
The interesting thing about Brutal Assault is the Fortress blending with the audience, or is it the other way around?
This is the VIP hill for those who purchased the VIP Camp tickets have access to an area which gives you a eagles eye view of the stages. Plus it had seats so you can rest from the countless hours of walking you endure during such festivals.
More horns for the world to see \m/ \m/ \m/
One band I managed to check out was Hecate Enthroned. They were pretty cool, except the vocalist seemed to be stuck in the Glam Metal era of the 80's. Remember, this is a Metal festival, so expect Metal of all types/creeds/breeds/and *SURPRISE* sub genres.
When you camp in Europe, the most underestimated element any Metal fan (especially those of us from warmer climates like me) is the weather. And as explained in The Maiden Voyage, is to be ready for the onslaught of cold weather. As best prepared as I was, the first night was ridiculously cold, and even with all my clothing on me (Saxon hoodie & Motörhead fingerless gloves I bought at Wacken, 3 shirts, 2 pants, 3 socks and a bandana over my face), I could not sleep for shit. When early morning arrived and the temperature went up, I finally slept. I spoke with the 3 Legions of Brutal Assault about finding a thermal blanket to keep me warm, and that's when the trek to the center of Jaroměř began.
As you have seen so far, this was a very scenic trip into the center of this place, and it definitely had a charm that I won't forget.
When we arrived to the sporting good store, they unfortunately didn't have what I was looking for, which meant more sleepless nights, but at least they tried to help and that's what makes them awesome. While we were at the center, we decided to pass by the supermarket and pick up some provisions, like teepee for the bunghole, and some cherry flavored Kofola. Before going back to the festival grounds, we had some pizza in the center's restaurant, and it was pretty good pie.
I managed to catch Motörhead twice in this trip, once in Wacken about 1 week before their performance in Brutal Assault. This is the reason why Europe kicks ass the way it does, you can see great bands as often as you please.
When night arrived, I had to bask in the atmosphere that enveloped all of us. The fort at night is indescribable, the fact that it felt like an unholy Black Metal album coming to life with no escape definitely gives this festival a major advantage over the other festivals.
"Until the Moon Takes Us"
Here is the official Bank of Brutal Assault.
And the obligatory random people passed out on the floor to showcase the greatness that is Brutal Assault.

No comments:

Post a Comment